Website The Russell Hill Retirement Residence
Reporting to the Executive Chef (or designate), and using proper infection control practices, the incumbent will be responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, including dishes, glassware and kitchen apparatus/ equipment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operating dish washing equipment, heavy duty cleaning of stove and ovens, vent hoods, deep fryers, char broilers, trash compactors and all small kitchen appliances.
- Cleaning of floors and walls, cabinets and food preparation areas to ensure a sanitary environment which passes all health and safety regulations and inspections.
- Unpacking and storing of incoming groceries.
- Operate dishwashers efficiently
- Wash glassware and flatware
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand when required
- Scour pots and pans
- Operate pot/ cutlery washing machines
- Clean and sanitize dishwasher mats, dish carts and dish racks
- Assist in receiving and stocking supplies/products
- Safely handle and store cleaning products
- General dish area maintenance including: sweeping, mopping, organization and garbage removal
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Previous experience working in a dishwasher role or similar environment an asset
- Ability to take direction and remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Handle exposure to extreme temperatures
- Occasionally working at heights
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
You must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends. The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
Posted Date: December 21, 2018
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.