Website The Russell Hill Retirement
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Care, the incumbent will be responsible for serving the health and wellness needs of our residents, within the full scope of practice and in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and legislated standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing and documenting medications as prescribed; monitoring and maintaining the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Maintaining resident records and required documentation in accordance with the College of Nurses standards, legislative requirements and Company policies and procedures
- Liaison with family members as a resource for questions or concerns regarding practices or related health care issues.
- Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with medical and allied staff, residents, families and other departments.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate solid nursing skills as per the College of Nurses standards of practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents, families as well as external service resources.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Maintains a current registration as a Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experienced in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Walking, stretching and standing on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
- Climbing stairs and able to work in confined spaces.
You must be available to work days, evenings, as well as weekends.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.