Website The Russell Hill Retirement Residence
Reporting to the Executive Chef (or designate), the incumbent is responsible for preparing meals for our residents, using standardized recipes and prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of food supplies.
- Following established procedures for sanitation, safety, and quality assurance.
- Daily cleaning and dish-washing duties.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team members, suppliers, residents and families
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Completion of a two year community college culinary course or equivalent.
- Previous experience in large quantity food preparation.
- Must have at least four (4) years cooking experience.
- Computer proficiency skills.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Push, pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day.
You must be available to work days, evenings, as well as weekends. 0-39 hours bi-weekly.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
Posted Date: December 13, 2018
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.